Saturday, September 10, 2005

well here's the plan, I'm gonna try using this as a journal of daily stuff, pretty uninteresting, but it'll help me to keep track and I might as well do it in public if for no other reason than that it will give me a little incentive if I feel like others are watching. at the same time I plan on trying to make some sense of the notes I've been taking over the past few years, but I think I'll use the ramblings page on my website for that. how's that for organization?

today's saturday and it's a good one. everyday is good these days because I get to do whatever I want because I'm not working and I love not working because there's so much to do that isn't work... and the stuff that isn't work is always more fun than the stuff that is work... although sometimes a job can inadvertently be fun, but I think that maybe then it magically becomes, "not work."

I warned you... ok, maybe I didn't but this stuff is really just goofy meaningless unedited brain pourings for the sake of maybe winding up with a couple of worthwhile thoughts in the end.

I went to a party/artshow at regan's studio last night. went with aliza and michelle, which was unique because usually it would be one or the other, but after years of hearing about each other they are finally getting together and seem to like it. it's good for me because I need to get over my tendency to compartmentalize my friend groups, it's kinda nice having everybody together, although I admit that I still like it better one on one.

got up early, went to the office, which I've been avoiding because it's a mess, filled with all the miscellany from the shop renovation/redecoration that's been going on for the past few weeks. I'm starting to get the feeling that maybe sara thinks I'm gonna do something with all the clutter and I've been assuming all along that she would get to it... there might be a communication breakdown there; I'll have to talk to her I guess. anyway I stopped in and did a few things. what I did not do is print off the stuff for emily which is a project that I've procrastinated on for way too long, but it seems that something is always standing in its way. tomorrow I need to get up to the store and buy 28lb copy paper and just print the things off with that, I wanted to use nice heavy good paper, but I can't get it reliably through my printer these days... so I've finally decided to just uses normal paper. I was set to do it a month ago, but then I ran out of colored ink...grrr, like I said, it's always something.

after that I came home and thought about going to the coffeeshop, but then I remembered the weekend crowds and decided to skip it. got back into bed, well not really, because I had already made it, so I just laid down on top and pulled my orange afghan over me and snoozed and read for awhile. then I got online and searched the lapl site for books about pirates, but got sidetracked learning about downloadable audio books, which is kinda neat, but it takes awhile to download them and so that kinda tied up my computer for awhile because even though my machine probably coulda handled it, I was afraid to do any work because I didn't want to have to deal with crashes, really I was probably just being a bit lazy. so what I ended up doing was browsing through the lapl photo collection, which is pretty cool and a good source for images and then watching a movie called, a love song for bobby long with john travolta and scarlet johanson; I got a little teary-eyed, but I'm a wuss like that with movies. did I mention that scarlet johanson is hot? you probably already knew that.

after the movie, I went for a bike ride. I dropped off a few dvd's over at aliza's because she had called earlier and said she thought she was getting a cold. I spoke with her later and she sounds like she's feeling better but was glad for the movies. michelle's going to dinner with jordanna and asked me if I wanted to come along, but I don't think I do. I went to the coffeeshop around five and read there 'til six, it's the weekend and tim doesn't usually show up on the weekends and so he wasn't there. the coffee woke me up though, which was good, because I was draggin.

that's enough for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home