Wednesday, September 14, 2005

went to taco night at don antonio's with michelle, marcus and john. aliza was supposed to go but didn't, hmmm... I ate three bean tacos and they were so good that I ordered one more... yum! I also had a bohemia to wash it all down and that was yummy too!

I finally got the 2001 paintings posted and they look pretty good, although I have a page (notecard actually) full of corrections that I missed. most of the shots look good, but the last couple are kinda bluish and adjusting the hue didn't fix it, the original shots were way off, maybe one of these days I'll get around to retaking them... but there are 54 images and so, just having two (maybe 3 or 4) that I'm not satisfied with is pretty good. I took the photos four years ago (almost) right before I started teaching, I remember one of the days was windy and kinda dark, I almost think I got rained out... anyway, the colors kinda off on the ones that are at the very bottom of the page, you'll see it when you get there. click here.

I've still got to update the newstuff page and brag about all the additions I've made to the site this week. the past five years are in pretty good shape, things get a little dodgey after that though, with pages bouncing back and forth between the old site and the new site. it's not really so bad as long as you use the back button on the browser instead of the onsite navigation...

denise called from england today, it was good to talk with her. they've apparently painted her place here, I told her I'd take some photos, gotta remember to do that tomorrow. tomorrow's the 15th, that means consignment update first thing in the morning, I hope that doesn't take too long... this might be the last time I do that... we'll see.

now that I've got the 2001 paintings pretty much finished, I'm not sure what the next step is with the site. I've still got plenty of things to post, but I've also got all those early years to organize... we'll see what happens, I suppose.

here's an excerpt from a comment I made to bruce with an online chess move today, I think there's something to it and so I just want to save it here where I can find it... tried expressing it to susan at breakfast yesterday, but we got sidetracked___ anyway, here it is and then I'm gonna go:

the internet is literally (and virtually) our means of connection in an
otherwise alienating, fragmented and disconnected world... in an odd marriage of
technology and humanism it allows us a release from separation and exclusion,
which is a pretty fair parallel/substitute (at least) of love. interesting to
think of the internet as the vehicle throughwhich our needs for love and
connection are met... but there you have it... I remember being in turkey in
1987... or even denver in 1994, I was out of contact with everybody I knew (well
I used to call my parents from denver, but not from turkey) for months and
months___ anything could've happened and I wouldn't have known... these days
it's hard to imagine. I assume I'll find an internet connection if I wind up in
guatemala in march... but I don't know.