Friday, November 04, 2005

slept like a rock. woke up around 6:30, vaguely aware that I'd had a really pleasant dream, but couldn't remember it. I laid there and pieced part of it back together, but don't know quite why it left me feeling such peaceful contentment... I fell back asleep and didn't wake up until 8, but I think I remember most of what I recalled at 6:30. here it is:
I was at the newton's school, but it was at a different location. it felt
like upstate ny from my childhood, rural chazy... on my grandparents' property,
but the buildings were different. I was not working at the school, but
apparently I spent a lot of time there. I had been there ever since I'd
stopped teaching, but all I did was try to figure out ways to get up on the
roof. I had tried to climb up using some kind of bambooish attachment on
the outside wall of the main school building, but it had simply pulled away from
the wall. then I tried to sort of scrape my way straight up, and although
I got as far as a window ledge, I couldn't find a handhold that would let me get
higher. finally, although it seemed like cheating... and this felt like
after months of trying other ways, I decided to go over and get a chair to stand
on. as I went across the yard to get the chair, the students came
out. Lindsay walked past me and said with sincere appreciation, "you're
doing great at being unemployed!" and I thanked her, feeling genuine
appreciation and satisfaction. I got the chair and headed back over to the
wall, noticing another person, not stephen, but it would've made sense had it
been him, laying on the ground, relaxing. I thought, "gee, he's doing
better at being unemployed than I am." I set the chair down next to the
building and was about to climb up on it, confident that it would allow me to
reach the roof, but before I could do so, john newton came out and sat down on
it. I was glad to see him and we started talking, I was a little
frustrated that his sitting there was keeping me from reaching the roof, but I
was enjoying the conversation... I don't remember what we were talking about.

that's all I remember of that.

Yesterday was pretty uneventful. I posted the graphpaper sketchbook pages up to the 2004 section of the site, I started transcribing the written parts, but didn't finish. there are a few good things, I'd forgotten about in it, so that's good.

Lucy had emailed yesterday, saying she was around, but going to the spa with sailene and would call after. she didn't call until 10:30 last night because she had ended up going straight to an exene art show/reading at bergamot and didn't have my number with her to invite me along... we'll do something today or tonight, she's gonna call. all that was ok, because I was really thinking it would be nice to either do something with ali or try to resolve the whole thing with aliza. I called ali, but she had a visiting cousin to go to dinner with and I didn't call aliza, because I am guessing she'll call when she's ready to talk. if I still haven't heard from her in a couple days, I'll call her.

Michelle again has shown herself to be a constant and reliable friend, talked with her a few times yesterday and appreciated her support. susan returned my email from the day before and encouraged me to call anytime, but I feel like I should wait for the weekend, since it costs har money during the week, I think.

went to the coffeeshop at 5 and read, nobody else showed up. surfed blogs for awhile, wrote a comment to some guy (and by "guy" I mean, pompous christian ass) who felt that poverty was caused by moral degradation. watched half of a movie, and drank a little wine and ate halloween candybars alone, it was a nice evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home