Wednesday, October 19, 2005

today is aliza's birthday. happy birthday aliza. I think I'm going to reburn the punk cd for her party, minus the nixon speech at the beginning__ it's unnecessary and it has a little credit at the end, that I don't like, but don't want to edit out right now. maybe I'll use it later when I burn a mojo nixon cd, which I've wanted to do for awhile, but have never gotten around to doing. this new computer burns cds nice and fast!

yesterday was a stay at home sorta day until five o'clock coffee. I scanned some things from a graphpaper sketchbook, which I've neglected for awhile, but is still unfinished (has some blank pages)... so I guess it's my current sketchbook, although I've got a couple others too. I'm just not as concisely organized as I used to be... I've got stuff all over the place, and I still tend to just draw or write on anything that's handy.

I finished aliza's book, still need to wrap it, I'd like to get it to her before the party, I don't want to bring it there. the question is, do I just leave the stuff for her on her porch, or do I give it to her later? have to see. I guess I'll call her this afternoon.

had afternoon coffee with tim, hadn't been out of the house all day because it had been raining, haven't painted for the past two days because I paint on the patio and it's been too wet. tim and I went to figure drawing, the model was good, seemed to understand posing the way I do___ natural, relaxed, not contrived or pretentious.

emailed susan about hopi, haven't heard back from her. emailed terrell, suggesting december 2nd and 3rd for the artshow, he emailed back and it looks like there's a conflict, so it'll probably end up being sometime in january. emailed tara, whose address I'd found online, she emailed straight back and maybe we'll get together sometime soon to catch up___ it'll be interesting to see what the past dozen or more years have held for her___ it seems like about three lifetimes ago since I've seen her, and I really didn't think I'd see her again, but that's the great thing about google searches. emailed denise and she wrote a pretty long (for her) email back catching me up a bit on what's been going on with her. got a message from michelle asking me to take her to the airport tomorrow morning, called back and said, "sure." message from ally asking for illustrator advice, I called her and we had a nice talk and will try to get together either tomorrow night or over the weeekend. aliza and I were gonna try to go to a free screening of a movie last night, but I registered for it too late and so we couldn't___ although she cancelled anyway not having heard my message that we were out of luck, so it all worked out because she had lost interest for one reason or another and it meant that I got to go draw. ___ the model came up to me and said she really liked my drawings, that made me feel good. oh and then I got an email from aliza's friend andrew saying he'd checked out my website and liked it__ or at least agreed with something I'd written, that made me feel good too.

I'm gonna scan the little leather sketchbook that I transcribed the other day and then maybe I'll transcribe the graphpaper sketchbook I scanned yesterday... that'll be productive. I'll paint today too, because the rain has stopped and it's a beautiful day. this morning was the first time I've been to morning coffee this week___ nothing great and the newspaper kinda bored me, but it was good to be out and about in the morning... it makes a difference.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home