Tuesday, October 11, 2005

it was a pretty good day, i'm kinda wound up and tired all at the same time right now, but it's getting late and I want to write a little before I go to bed.

I went to the coffeeshop this morning, read the paper and then went to the office for awhile, did a few things there, but mostly just unplugged my scanner so I could bring it home to start scanning some things. I killed an hour and a half trying to get this machine to recognize the scanner, I downloaded the driver four times and it still wasn't working (the driver on the cd that came with the scanner didn't work on windows xp). so the solution ended up being to unplug my mouse from the other usb port and then plug the scanner into that one and then, I could plug my mouse in. simple, but senseless, I still don't know hoe it occurred to me to try it, except fot the fact I'd tried everything else, but it worked___ not that it should've., but of course it never should've not worked to begin with.

it was kinda chilly and overcast when I went to the coffeeshop this morning, and I was thinking about not going to the beach; I kinda have a lot to do this week. but then by the time I was walking home with my scanner (I walked to the office, because I didn't want to ride the scanner home on my bike___ doesn't seem healthy to jostle a scanner) it was warming up and I was thinking maybe I should just work for an hour and then go to the beach for an hour. by the time I got the scanner to work though, I just wanted to start scanning and so I skipped the beach, which I really shouldn't do, but I did anyway. when I went to the coffeeshop at five, I discovered that it had really cooled off and it probably wasn't a great day to swim and lay around on the sand, but I still missed it.

so, I went to afternoon coffee, had a nice talk with tim, I'm glad I'm talking again. I think we're skipping moby dick this year___ the question is, how does that affect my art show? I had decided not to have it in November because I couldn't be ready in time for early november, and late november would conflict with the moby dick reading and thanksgiving. but now, I don't have that excuse anymore... I don't know, I should talk with terrell.

tim and I went to drawing at the ywca. the model was male and most of the poses were overly contrived___ I don't really like contrived poses and I'm not wild about props__ like sticks and stools, and of course I'd rather draw a woman, but it turned out alright. I've been noticing lately that the longer poses at the end of the evening have been going well, mostly because I'll draw the pose three or four times rather than spending twenty minutes on one drawing.

came home, michelle had called, I called her back while I fixed dinner. she had had a confrontation with a lady on the phone today which upset her, so she told me about that. she starts dog-sitting for a teacher friend in west hollywood tomorrow, she's gonna be staying there for a week. she mentioned that aliza was up at john's___ I've got mixed feelings about that, but it kinda hurts... I need to deal with it though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home