Friday, October 28, 2005

spent most of the day yesterday working on the burlap sketchbook scans while listening to the history of afghanistan audiobook___ genghis khan, tammerlane; those guys were some rough characters. I made pretty good progress, but I've still got work to do. was sitting a little funny while I worked and my back was hurting last night and a bit this morning, I should be careful about that.

aliza called around 4 to see if I wanted to go to aahs in westwood and look at halloween costumes. I said sure and so she came over and picked me up. traffic was kinda rough and we didn't really know where we were going and she was starting to get worried about her car overheating, but we found a place to park and everything worked out aok.

the costume shop was kind of a bust, but good for ideas I guess. she still hasn't decided whether she's going to vegas, but I'll bet she doesn't because she's still not feeling back to 100% health or even 80% probably, and she'll have to decide today... but she could surprise me. we went to a sushi place for dinner, I had avocado roll, we both ordered miso soup, but they forgot to bring it and we didn't notice__ or at least I didn't notice until later... I was really looking forward to that miso... oh well.

we walked around westwood village a bit, felt like a foreign adventure, it was fun. we went to rite-aid and aliza bought a hair straightener. then we headed home. aliza new of an art opening at the red house gallery, we went to that. it was fun, we drank a glass of wine. the photo/painting things we had gone to see were not great, but the accompanying writings were kind of amusing. their was a second exhibit in the back that poked fun at pop culture and made humorously acerbic socio-political statements, it was funny and clever.

after the gallery, we walked over to the other room, had a drink, I walked aliza home, walked myself home, ali had called, i called back and left a message__ sounds like she might be wrapped up all weekend with out of town guest. I called michelle, caught up on each others' day since our afternoon talk. started watching monsters ball on dvd from library, but then the power suddenly went out for a minute and when it came back on the dvd had been reset to the beginning__ rather than hassle through scene select, I just gave up and went to sleep. aliza called a little bit later, I was sound asleep and would've believed it was morning, since my clock was just flashing after the power outage, but it turns out it was just midnight and she called to tell me an interesting postal story.

went to sleep and couldn't get up this morning__ woke up to pee and checked the clock on the computer at 6:20, that seemed too early to get up and the next thing I knew it was 9:30... I guess it's the cool weather, or maybe I'm just getting lazy, but I've been sleeping like a rock lately. woke up with a good beginning for the eve story in my mind though, I'll have to see whether or not I can do anything with it though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home