Monday, September 19, 2005

so, I'm gradually catching up here after slipping over the weekend. yesterday morning___ that's sunday I was laying in bed deciding whether or not I wanted to get up. I had ended up being kinda wide awake, I don't know why, the night before and didn't get to sleep until after three. I tried eating thinking that was it, but all there was around were the leftover extra-peppery eggs and corn chips, not bad really___ I added a couple more eggs, which cut down the egg:pepper ratio and although they were still pretty peppery, they were pretty good too... never hurts to bulk up on the courage I say. anyway, there I was after just four or so hours of sleep and the phone rang__ I expected aliza this time, figured she was up early and ready for an acai bowl___ but no way, it was DOM! I was very glad to hear from her after about two months of silence all summer long after we'd started off so well with snailmail collaborative collages and online scrabble after her briefy inandout visit that one unexpected morning whenever that was... anyway, dom called and we had a nice long gettin' caught up kinda chat and that was a great way to start the day... that's how every sunday should start.

after talking with dom I checked email and did computer stuff for about an hour until ten and then called aliza for breakfast. we met over at westminster by the beach and had breakfast and talked and then she went off to a busy day of school openhouse preparation and photography lesson. I headed home and worked on the website, got the figure drawings up, was too distracted to remember to turn on the audiobook for the first few hours, but finally started playing it when dov stopped over because I was telling him about how cool I thought audiobooks were.

somewhere along in the middle of the afternoon, michelle called to see what was goin' on and to mention she felt like eating mexican food... it didn't really sink into me until later when I found myself hungry, that she had mentioned mexican food and that was sounding pretty good to me, and so I called her back to see if she'd already eaten and if not, where she was thinkin' of going (I was guessing don pedro's, but was hoping la cabana__ I think michelle doesn't like la cabana though), but she didn't answer. she called back a few minutes later though and told me she was on her way to check out whether a neighbor's dog had had all its shots because marcus had just gotten bit while he was out taking madddie for a walk... she also said that she'd made mexican food at home, had made lots, and I should come over and eat, but she'd call me back after the marcus/dogbite thing was sorted out. the short version is that marcus is fine and the food was good and michelle and I had fun and she's easy to talk to as always and I appreciate that about michelle... the end.

got home around 8pm and watched lord of the rings, the two towers on channel 5, which I suddenly get with pretty good reception. I was beat after my short night's sleep, but managed to stay awake and be entertained through the movie, although it was kinda heavy on action and weak on plot... but that's ok, what do I really expect anyway?

that's it for now, I had breakfast with susan this morning, but I'll write about that later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home