Saturday, December 10, 2005

monday... hmmm, alright. monday was the day that anya called to meet me for coffee. we had a nice time. she knew that I wouldn't be having coffee with her dad because he was still in Guatemala; he gets back today, I think. so that was good. I'm sure I spoke on the phone with michelle and probably with aliza, which is true for most days. tuesday, aliza called, so maybe I hadn't talked to her monday, because she called to meet for coffee and at that point we were catching up on what we'd been up to since sunday's hangover. tuesday was rudnick dinner without tim and robin, it was fun. wednesday was dinner with vic, but she had a school project to work on so we postponed until thursday. I think I just stayed home and worked on terrell's site, which was how I spent most of my week. thursday, vic and I went to dinner, where we pleasantly debated the death penalty. last night, michelle and I went for a beer at the other room. tonight ali and I will go to the group show at terrell's.

The painting has gone well this week, they're just about finished, mostly just signing left to do. a couple still require more, but I think they'll probably be done by the end of this week. I've got to get around to sending the postcards off to the printer. terrell's site is in pretty good shape. he and I will have to meet next week to fine tune, but the hard/time consuming part is over.

I'm kinda anxiously waiting to hear schwartzenegger's decision about tookie williams... probably not as much so, as tookie himself. if nothing else, this has drawn a lot of attention to the death penalty issue. although disappointingly, there still seems to be a strong majority of californians who are in favor of it. I have no doubt that eventually we (not just californians, but everybody) will do away with it, but apparently we've got quite a long way still to go. similarly, issues like gay rights/marriages, racism, poverty/hunger, healthcare, the environment, even the eradication of war are all things that I think will eventually be resolved in ways I will be happy with, but I'm dismayed at how long it will take to bring change about. optimistically dismayed is how I feel about the state of our society. as far as tookie goes, I don't have a guess, what arnold will do. I wonder what the odds makers in vegas are sayin'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home