Monday, December 05, 2005

one of the things I've really been having trouble with lately is, the feeling of isolation I'm experiencing, brought about by my inability to communicate what it is that I'm doing with my days, to my friends. I mean I can say I'm painting these pictures and the group of paintings is called 14 questions for eve, but beyond that I'm not sure that I am getting anything across. one side of me wants to throw my hands up in the air and give up without even trying because I tell myself that I can't voice it, and they wouldn't understand if I could. but I don't really think that's fair to them or me.

that said, as I was painting just now... actually as I was standing back looking at the two paintings that I was working on, this statement came into my head; "the battle I'm struggling with is between the mark and the illusion." alright, that doesn't tell much about eve, but there are two sides to painting, if you want to divide it up this way, and the one is the content and the other the method, you don't have to divide them that way and you really need not divide them at all, but sometimes it facillitates communication to do so... I think... maybe. maybe that's one of the reasons I have trouble voicing these things, I tend to be unwilling to simplify in order to communicate... which is silly of course because that is exactly one of my primary concerns with painting, so I ought to feel free to incorporate that into discussion about painting... especially with non painters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home