Thursday, September 29, 2005

well, it's kinda late on thursday night, and I'm tired, but I didn't get around to writing yesterday or so far today, so I better at least do a quick update.

the santa ana's are kickin' in inland and causing wind and fire, but out here by the beach, they just make it wonderfully warm. the air quality's down though and I think everybody's feeling kinda sore throat sinusy. Michelle is full-on flu/cold and I've just got a bit of a sore throat, which might be related to a touch of swimmer's ear___ which is simply the price one pays for frolicking in the ocean, and while I don't like feeling a little under the weather, I think that goin' for a daily swim/body surf is worth the price; the waves were great today!

went for breakfast at the french place with susan this morning. we were gonna go to the hot (benice, I guess) but they were loudly cutting the dead out of the parking lot palms and we were driven away by the noise. I've gone to the coffeeshop everyday this week, even when I've gone to breakfast later, and I keep reading the paper, even though I'm trying to quit. I don't know why I do, I don't think it's helping me or anybody else, for me to keep up with the news, but it is pretty addictive. At least I did turn the community rep and the "at-risk" teen girl down when they came around asking me to subscribe yesterday. I told them about doing it last year and not being able to get them to stop delivering it, and how it finally cost me $42 dollars or something, and filled my apartment with stacks of paper. so yesterday, I just gave them five dollars and they left; I was relieved.

I've watched kcet both of the past two nights; last night was a bob dylan documentary, and tonight was a show about the sixties (which spilled over into about 1973). both were pretty good. they each had pete seeger and subterranian homesick blues, but other than those two things, didn't have a lot of overlap.

tim's back from poland, talked with him at the coffeeshop this afternoon, glad to have him back. went with susan to pick up her prius which was having some body work done on it, I drove the geo tracker back to her place afterwards. talked with michelle both the past two nights quite a bit, she goes off track after work tomorrow, unless she calls in sick, which I guess would mean that she's already on break. lucy's working hard on her two projects; magazine and house. I think her schedule lightens up next week. we're just about finished on both scrabble and chess, probably start new games tomorrow.

went out for dinner with aliza and vicky last night, it was fun. it was good to see vic, I've hardly seen her in almost two months, after having seeen her daily for the past few years. We went to the barbecue place on lincoln, I hadn't been there before, because usually you just don't think of going for bbq when you're a vegetarian, but I ordered sides and it was pretty good; mac-n-cheese, baked beans, creamed spinach, mashed potatoes, and corn bread. It wasn't great, but it was pretty good. and they either forgot to charge us for the tecates or they were nice and let us slide, so I thought that was nice. the two guys, who I think are the owners, were very friendly.

I added a few eves to the 2005 section of my site, maybe I did that yesterday, but I don't think I actually uploaded until today. I also created a subsection for the 1991 photos that shows the shots of my studio behind Desire of London, which was the clothing store denise managed before she opened gotta have it.

that's it. goodnight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home